I haven’t posted any meals in a while because I’m either uninspired to cook or I’m having a cup of tea and a peanut-butter sandwich for dinner. With tonight being the exception, I wanted something healthy (partially so I can lessen the guilt after the gym and partially because it is easy and you can almost always get fish right…or can you)
Halibut is normally tricky because it has very little fat so you can easily over cook it…which i did tonight (damn you elections news on CNN!) However this is an easy fish to prepare and you can marinate it and grill, or you can make a delicious sauce to go with the fish. Whichever route you take, you will find a ton of recipes online…you can even try this one.
- Halibut steaks (clean and dried)
- chopped up shallots/small onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- salt, pepper to taste
Here is how i cooked the fish…
- cleaned and dried steaks are seasoned and cooked in hot pan. 2-3 minutes a side
- once removed from pan, add shallots/small onion, garlic, lemon juice (i also added a little white wine) seasoning of choice and butter
- once the sauce is reduced, i served my fish over some smashed plantain alongside steamed vegetables.